Saturday, June 30, 2012

Project 365 - Week 26

WOW!  I'm 1/2 way through the year in my photography project!  I'm so proud that I've stuck it through.  I need to invest some time learning some more and progressing, but I'm loving taking pictures.

School ended this week, so some pictures are of the events, and some are of my flowers :)


Roses have started blooming.  These are a very deep red/pink.  They are the hardest color for me to photograph.  I'm honestly not sure if these are the Morden Roses or the Vancouver ones (I have two rose bushes).  But they are loaded with buds.  


Rainbow!  Finally caught this one one night.  The sun was finally setting about 10:30 pm and while it was raining,  I could see the entire bow in the sky.  Spectacular are God's wonders!


This shot will not do the "real-life being there" justice, but it was the same rainstorm from the front of the yard with the sunset.  The golden glow and shine off the wet street was amazing.  It was still raining even as I took this shot.  I wish I could capture THAT! :)

Last day of school.  PLEASE ignore my son's crazy outfit.  It was track and field day and his teams' colors were multi-colored, so he went to town.  You can't see his red socks too :)  This lovely lady was his teacher for two years.  She's made such an investment into him as a learner and leader.  She has championed him in such wonderful ways.  It will be hard not to have her next year, she was just one of those teachers that really "got" my kid :)  We're so grateful!



Awards Night! This son has grown so much as a learner the past two years.  He set goals for himself last year and this year and has surpassed them on so many levels and I'm so very proud of him.  School isn't his favourite thing, he'd much rather be playing sports, and yet he's so bright, and he's learned some great skills academically this year in the Academic Challenge program he was accepted to.  It was accelerated learning and really thrived in it.  

Asters, with a little marigolds mixed in.  Such a pretty mix!  And my burgundy iris' in the background are about done!


Siberian Iris.  What a beautiful flower.  One of my favourites for the spikey tall greenery and the soft blooms.  We've had some gorgeous days this week and I've loved watching my yard bloom!  

Thanks for sharing my week with me!  

4 comments:

Marisa said...

Always enjoy seeing your pics for the week. What a glorious rainbow and sunset picture. Nature continually blows me away. Congrats to your son and his academic achievements. I'm extremely proud of my daughter's 4.0 this year. She proved a lot to herself and what she is capable of :) Haappy Canada Day to you!

Anonymous said...

Congratulations to your son--in fact all your children! What a wonderful thing it is to have a teacher like your younger son has had. She will never be forgotten, I'm sure, and what she has taught him will have a lasting impact. I used to live in northern Minnesota and we had long days too (tho not quite as as long as yours). I MISS that! My Siberian Iris bloomed so long ago this year because we had a VERY early spring here in southern WI. Your flowers are lovely! Love your blog and your pictures (and your cards, too!).

Karen McAlpine said...

Gorgeous rainbow!!

Colleen Dietrich said...

Your garden looks wonderful! We've had almost no rain lately, and desperately need some.