Monday, January 28, 2013

Pink Lemonade


I love pink lemonade.  It's a sweet summer treat that tastes so good.  Tuesday it's supposed to be -25 degrees Celcius, with winchills in the -30's.  Super cold.  So I need to create my own sunshine.  

Thanks for all of your sweet words about my husband, you are such an encouragement.   I spent the afternoon and early evening with him, helped him shave that scruffy beard so he feels more human, and generally just had some time together.  When he stays ahead of the pain, he's doing much better.  Still not 100% with the fever that comes back now and again but, I can see he's getting stronger which I'm so grateful for.  I'm hopeful he'll be home later this week.  Though I haven't heard anything definitive yet.  I'd like the stability of having him home that's for sure.  No more being on the road back and forth all day.  

This is from Flourishes pretty set - On the Porch, stamped with Memento Tuxedo Black onto Flourishes Classic White cardstock.  Coloring is with Copic Markers, with some pretty accents in crochet velvet and seambinding from the Color Made Easy Collection, and some Candi.  





11 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh I love your beautiful, sunny, summery, card that you created. The colors and the design are wonderful. Thanks for sharing it with us.

Joan
MN

mjbest said...

So sorry to hear about your DH. Am praying for all of you and that he recovers quickly.
Tina

Shelly Schmidt said...

Lovely card- the colors are so pretty! I hope your husband gets better soon- and that his pain is well controlled.

Marisa said...

That's why we live in BC and pay the taxes LOL! That is just too cold for me!!!

Lvoe the image and now I want a glass of lemonade myself!

So glad to hear Terry is doing better! Prayers are with you :)

KarinsArtScrap said...

this is a beautiful card Christine.

greetings karin

TLady said...

LOVE your card Christine!!!!!!! I'm wanting some of that SUNSHINE here too!!!!!! :)

Glad to hear your hubby will be home soon! It's NO FUN being sick & in pain!!!!!!! I'll keep praying for you all!!!!!!!!!! :) HUGS!!!!! :)

Emily Keaton said...

Your sunshiny card is just beautiful, Christine, and just what I need to perk up a cold, snowy winter day! I'm so glad to hear that your husband is starting to improve. Hope you can have him home again really soon!

Conniecrafter said...

Glad to hear he is getting better and hopefully he will be back home where he belongs very soon.
Great summer feel to the card, getting me excited for warmer weather to come :)

carole (TruCarMa) said...

I love pink lemonade, too - and your card is sweet perfection, Christine! Hope you husband is feeling like his old self and back home soon. Hugs to you, sweet friend!

Joan V said...

Ooh, love this card. It is so cheery.
Hope your husband is feeling better, soon. Take care.

Stacy Morgan said...

Yummy and delightful Christine! Beautiful coloring. Glad he is doing a little better. Still staying prayers for you both.