Sunday, January 27, 2013

Water You Up To?


Water you up to?  What am I up to?  Well, it's been an upside-down unexpected week for us.  If you've been following along you heard me say that my husband broke his wrist playing hockey a few weeks ago.  He went back to our doc because he was still having some lingering side pain,  she send him for an ultrasound and a few hours later told him to get to the hospital, his spleen had to come out ASAP.  Long story short....eventually that's what happened.  Your spleen is supposed to be the size of a fist and my husband's was more the size of a football.  So, he's still in the hospital, spleen-less, in lots of pain, still struggling with a fever from a source we can't pinpoint, and I've been bouncing back and forth between the hospital, basketball tournaments, kids and a wee bit of crazy-ness.  And right now...real exhaustion.  

So I may not be around much in the days ahead...or I may just pull out some designs you haven't seen yet that were for submission that didn't get accepted.  Time is a bit precious here.  I know that many of you are faithful prayer warriors and we appreciate your prayers.  

This watermelon card is stamped on Flourishes Classic White with Memento Tuxedo Black with the set called  Wild for Watermelon, paired with Pistachio Color Made Easy Cardstock and Poppy Cardstock, colored up with Copics.  The background is scored with the Scor Bug tool and the little "watermelon seeds" are Candi colored black with copics.  

17 comments:

Marisa said...

Hugest of hugs to you, Christine!!! Will keep praying.

Your colouring of the watermelon is AMAZING!! I want to eat some now LOL!

carole (TruCarMa) said...

keep us posted, Christine. Lovely card, and so many hugs to you, sweet friend. Everything will be okay!

TLady said...

BEAUTIFUL CARD Christine!!!!!!!!!! Sorry to hear all that's been going on there! I'll keep you in my prayers!!!! AND for your hubby too!!!!! Yes, keep us posted! God's Blessings!!!!!!!!!!!! :)

Mary Ann said...

Beautiful card,love your coloring,Sorry to hear about your husband,I will keep him in my prayers,Have a Blessed one...

Emily Keaton said...

Your plate is full to overflowing! Hang in there. I'm thinking of you!!!

Karen McAlpine said...

Virtual hugs!! Saying a prayer for a quick recovery!!

Tricia T said...

Bless your heart, Christine! I'll be praying for grace and peace for you and comfort and healing for your husband. Be sure you take care of yourself, so you can continue to care for everyone else!!

Tricia

Wanda Cullen said...

Gorgeous card and such fab coloring! So sorry that Terry is still struggling in the hospital...prayers being lifted for his healing and for your strength as you continue to juggle a hectic family schedule! ((hugs))

Conniecrafter said...

Oh my so sorry to hear about your husband, sure hope he can get relief from his pain very quickly!
Fun card, love the watermellon background, and fun sentiment to go with it!

Anonymous said...

i am sorry to hear your husband is in the hospital. I hope all of you find the strength you need in the days to come and he gets past the pain. Your card is adorable

KarinsArtScrap said...

beautiful card Christine.

greetings karin

Misti said...

Christine, (((HUGS))) will be praying!!!

Bobbi Miller said...

Oh no! I am so sorry to hear about your husband's emergency surgery! It's a good thing he got to the doctor when he did. Prayers coming your way for sure! Bless you all, and don't worry about the cards; take care of your family. Hugs and love, Bobbi

Joan V said...

Christine, oh my, my prayers to you all. To your husband for healing and relief of pain. And to you for strength to get through your days.

Gorgeous coloring of the watermelon. Thanks for sharing.

Stacy Morgan said...

Another yummy creation. Oh I like this watermelon set so much, great design.

Allison Cope said...

Thinking of you and your family today Christine. Hope hubby is feeling better and his fever has subsided. You're all in my prayers.

stampqueen said...

Ouch - Sorry to hear about your DH!!! I haven't had alot of blog time lately so am trying to catch up this weekend!!!
Sending prayers your way!!!!