Sunday, September 15, 2013

Tealy Topiary

Since it's going to be hot again here at my house today - let's just got the opposite direction and show you something cute and fun for Christmas?

I was playing with my September New Release sets from Flourishes and wanted to do a chic and fun Christmas Topiary tree with some unexpected colours.


I think there are certain colours we all just gravitate towards and for me one of those colours it teal.  It is such a soothing colour and can be paired with so much for the perfect colour punch.  Today, pairing it with hot pink gives it that really chic and snazzy effect.  I began by stamping this pretty berry topiary from our gorgeous set Holiday Topiaries onto Flourishes Classic White Cardstock with Memento Tuxedo Black ink.  Then I carefully trimmed around the design.  I wanted to mat it out to give it some depth so I then cut out the Silhouette shape available for this set onto our Flourishes Color Made Easy - Emerald Coast card stock.  Perfect matting!  Then I coloured it up loosely with Copics giving it an open airy feel.  Then because the pairings were so bold, I added the base of white with our Perfectly Pierced Classic Hourglass Die to place the topiary on.  You'll also find some Color Made Easy Candy Pink cardstock in the design too.  


The papers are MME Cambridge Court and I've added sewing, and a smattering of sequins to accent as well as the pretty seambinding ribbon.  



+ BG93, BG96

So there you have it!

4 comments:

KarinsArtScrap said...

it's a beautiful card Christine.

greetings karin

Mary Ann said...

Beautiful card!Love the colors!!!

TLady said...

This TEAL little topiary makes me think of a BLUE SPRUCE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:) VERY PRETTY CHRISTINE!!!!!:)

Cheryl said...

Beautiful, and FUN! Love the unusual colors on the topiary and all the fun papers. The matting on the image looks fantastic!