Thursday, December 26, 2013

All is Calm. All is Bright

Since it’s Friday and I love to play with my Flourishes goodies and show them off to you on Fridays, I thought I’d continue that tradition today - even though we Flourishes girls have the day off.  I have a pretty and peaceful card to show you that I created for one of our Flourishes Catalogues earlier this year.  It’s with one of my favourite Christmas sets from Flourishes, Snow Wonderful.


Isn’t this scene just beautiful?  I love colouring this design to have the feeling of a winter night sky.  I stamped the image on Flourishes Classic White cardstock with Memento Tuxedo Black ink and then cut it with the coordinating die Flourishes Classic Keyhole die.  Colouring is done with Copics and I paired it with Color Made Easy Cool Neutrals and Color Made Easy True Blue cardstock.  I love using this Spellbinders die to create the curved design on the edges too.  I think it pairs well with the curves of the die.  


I embossed the sentiment onto vellum.  My favourite way to use this part of the die set, because it still shows off the colouring underneath.  A little slate grey trim, and silver metallic string accents the edges.  

We’ve had a great couple of days as a family enjoying some calm and brightness to the Christmas season.  I am so blessed by the celebration of the birth of my Saviour and the family God has given me.  Blessings to each of you friends!  Talk again soon!  

7 comments:

Tricia T said...

Soooo pretty! I like the silver / blue colorway!

KarinsArtScrap said...

wow this is gorgeous love it Christine.

gr karin

Conniecrafter said...

Gorgeous, love the deep blue background to go with your paper, sweet image and love the embossing on the vellum!

TLady said...

SOOO PRETTY CHRISTINE!!!!!!!!! :) I LOOOOOOOOOOOOOVE this set too!!! (I used the other image for our Christmas Cards this year!) :)I LOOOOOOOOOOOVE the BLUE's you've used!!!! It DOES create a COLD WINTERS NIGHT!!!!!!;)

Bobbi-spapertrail.blogspot.com said...

Oh Christine, this is just lovely. Those little birds look so happy and peaceful. Beautiful card! God Bless you all!

Leslie Miller said...

Truly beautiful! I do love the vellum sentiment panel which lets a hint of the image show through. Very nice!

Stacy Morgan said...

Gorgeous! This is one of my favorite sets and the colors are wonderful.