Sunday, December 29, 2013

Country Birthday


Today is my Dad’s birthday.  I always thought he would have loved to have stayed a farmer.  When he was 18 he left the family farm to work in a city two provinces away.  At the time that was the way of progress and bettering yourself, but I know in his heart there is still a man that loved the farm and that way of life.  So this country card is for him.  I used Flourishes Country Time Christmas and stamped it with Memento Tuxedo Black onto Flourishes Classic Kraft cardstock.  Then I pulled out my Prismacolor Pencils and coloured away.  I loved creating a night sky in the background, and then matched the depth of the night sky to Flourishes Color Made Easy - True Blue card stock.  Over top of the colouring I stamped the stars from the set in White Craft ink.  I love making curvy edges with my Spellbinders A2 Curved Borderabilities.  


The sentiment is from Flourishes  - Inside and Out Just Because set.  I finished off the design with some blue seam binding, burnt rust seam binding and simple twill that I inked with some Ranger Distress inks to give it more of match to the design.  Just a simple brad finishes it off in a masculine way.  

Don’t forget - there’s one last day to enter for my Blog Candy HERE.  I’ll be announcing a winner later on the 30th.  :)  

17 comments:

Tosha Leyendekker said...

This is absolutely stunning Christine!! Your coloring is impeccable! Oh, to have one ounce of your skills!! I'm in awe!! Love your night sky. And your trees...*sigh*...

stampqueen said...

Absolutly beautiful - love how you did the sky and shadows!!!

Cheryl said...

This card is gorgeous, Christine! As soon as I saw it, I ran and showed it to my DH! He loved it, too! The way you colored the sky and trees is brilliant! And the curved edge...OMGosh, everything about this card is fab! Love it!

TLady said...

WOW CHRISTINE!!!!!!!!!!! THIS IS GORGEOUS!!!!!!!!! SO LIFE-LIKE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:) I KNOW, your dad will LOOOOOOOOOOOOVE THIS!!!!!!!:) I AGREE with Tosha! :)

Conniecrafter said...

Awesome coloring with the pencils onto the craft, love how you used the border die with the image and the ribbons are a neat touch!

Wanda Cullen said...

Wow, what a gorgeous scene! Your dad will love this special card!

Stephanie McKnight said...

A more beautiful card I have not seen! Absolutely breathtaking. Thank you for sharing this with all your fans.

Leslie Miller said...

Oh, Christine, this is stunning! I'm awestruck! You make the most beautiful masculine cards. Always have. They have all the elements we love for feminine cards, but utterly masculine. Your Dad will surely enjoy this thoughtful card.

Barbara said...

Christine, you have created a masterpiece for your dear father's birthday. He's going to love this. Your coloring skills are above and beyond. Absolutely beautiful.

Stacy Morgan said...

Gorgeous! I love the shading and one of the best guy sets... I am sure he loved it.

KarinsArtScrap said...

o wow Christine you father must love this card.
it is just stunning also you colouring.
and congratulations with your fathers birthday.


Greetings karin

Judys said...

I love this scene and your coloring is the best I have seen. Thanks for sharing.

Bobbi-spapertrail.blogspot.com said...

Oh Christine....this is just beautiful! You can almost hear the gently sway of that tree being dragged home. You are a master at coloring, no matter what you use. I really need to get this set. I've been in love with it since it first appeared. Your Dad is going to love this...thanks for sharing!

Linda Carson said...

Wow! Saw this beauty on FB! Outstanding coloring and design! Your Dad will cherish it!

Katie Sims said...

This is stunning, Christine! Your coloring is incredible! This should be in a frame! :)

D- said...

Love your coloring, design and color combo.
Thanks for sharing.
Crafty Hugs,
D~
D~DesignsByDragonfly.blogspot

stampqueen said...

Hallo,
Posting a card today that is a modified CASE of this one :) I linked back to you (also entered the modified version in this weeks challenge - if that is ok ??)
Thanks for the inspiration!!!!
Tera