Friday, April 25, 2014

Umbrella Prayers


I’m going to leave this very short and sweet friends.  This card is going to one of our students who is facing some very significant health concerns, and our hearts are heavy for.  I love the idea of “umbrella prayers” as the title suggests.  Being covered and sheltered under those prayers.  I’m playing in the Card Concept umbrella challenge in the Clean and Layered Category, and used TCP’s Sketch this week for their bi-weekly challenge.  It’s a good one.  There’s still time to jump in.  




Colouring is with Copics and I used two of the new sets - Hang in there Baby for the sentiment and Rise and Shine with the cute bunny and umbrella.  

With some good news, so far my husband doesn’t need surgery.  He has a 25 % tear of his achilles tendon and they’ve splinted it and we’ll see a surgeon in 2 weeks.  Hopefully it will heal on its own and he can avoid that extra recovery.  Thanks for your sweet words over the last few days!  I apologize that I haven’t gotten back to many of you as my days are very full as the only driver in the family and chief nurse :)

5 comments:

Sharyn Polesel said...

Such a cute card! I love that little bunny with the umbrella and your gorgeous color combo. Thoughts and prayers for your student and your husband. Hope they both are feeling better soon.

Kathy Jones said...

Big Hugs to you Christine - such a difficult time for you! Prayers to your hubby and student as they face their health issues and one for you as you support them. Your card is absolutely gorgeous and sure to bring some joy to the recipient!

Dee Miranda said...

Love this card Christine!
I'll be sending prayers your way for your husband and the student.

Rosy Newlun said...

sending aloha hugs and prayers for your student and your card is super sweet ♥

Unknown said...

This little guy is beyond cute! I love the mix of papers and all those little details. Thanks for joining us at The Card Concept.