Tuesday, July 22, 2014

Gracias: Uno, Dos, Tres

On Sunday I sent a team of 22 high school students and leaders to Mexico City to work with our friends and fellow Pastor there at two Churches doing VBS.  The people there are so special to us and they really live out sacrificial love to our team when we are there, so I made a bunch of simple thank you cards to send along with the team that they can use.  I think I made 22 cards - so I chose to go with designs that were easy to replicate in multiples, and relatively flat designs that could be packed in suitcases for transport.  


This first set is done with Power Poppy’s beautiful Sassy Succulents set.  There are so many beautiful types of cactus in Mexico that I thought it would be perfect.   

I also decided to give them all a watercoloury feel stamping them on damp watercolour paper and moving the colour around with a waterbrush.  Very impressionistic :)  The sentiment is computer generated with some simple pleated ribbon accenting and tiny rhinestones.  



These next two designs were created with The Cat’s Pajamas new set Simple Blooms.  On this first geranium card I added colour to the stamp with markers and did some repeated stamping, giving interest to the design through texture and some pretty banners, pearls and lace.  


This design was also coloured with markers and then stamped, and then I added some detailing with the fine point of the markers after it had been stamped.  



Again, computer generated sentiments to match the designs and some cream lace as accent.  

All simple - but all conveying that gratitude we have for their kindness to our team.   

Here’s some fun SALE news from The Cat’s Pajamas that starts Friday... :)  



3 comments:

Leslie Miller said...

22 cards? Wow! And both of what I see here are so beautiful! You're amazing, Christine!

KarinsArtScrap said...

these are simply gorgeous Christine.
Gr Karin

Conniecrafter said...

Great idea, I just love the orange flowers!!