Monday, July 28, 2014

Sunny Harvest



It’s a gorgeous sunny day!  We’re celebrating with our Share Your Sunshine Collection at Power Poppy bringing you some stamped sunshine.  Today’s set, Sunny Harvest is going to delight you!  It’s a combination of gorgeous sunflowers, bittersweet berries and chinese lanterns.  It’s just full of joy!  As sunflowers are a favourite of mine I had to start there.  



Sunflowers come in so many fabulous shades, but I do love a traditional golden yellow, especially in a bunch!  So this wrapped bundle of sunflowers with the rich yellows contrasted with some deep blue was the direction I went.  I wanted the design to have a rustic, almost masculine feel so I stuck with lots of straight lines, and blocks of colour, as well as sequins, linen thread and a felt flower accent.  

I added some colour to the felt by giving it a few Copic strokes of colour to match the flowers and deepen it from a bright yellow to more of a warm yellow.  I wound the linen thread through the sequins to help your eye travel along the design and to mimic the ties on the flower bundle too.  


Here’s the inside of the design stamped in Memento Peanut Brittle ink.  


Here are the Copics I used.  


Now head on over to the rest of the sunny show from the Bloom Brigade!  



Allison Cope
Christine Okken
 (you are here)
Cindy Lawrence
Danielle Kennedy
Dawn Burnworth
Julie Koerber
Kathy Jones
Leslie Miller
Stacy Morgan
Tosha Leyendekker



12 comments:

Julie Koerber said...

Oh Christine! I just love the laid back feel of this card -- it's got a country denim feel! ;-) Beautiful coloring and fabulous layout -- as usual my dear friend!

Angel said...

So VERY pretty! I love the yellow and blues!

Liz Williams said...

Such a pretty shade of gold on this. Excited about sunflowers.

KarinsArtScrap said...

what a gorgeous sunflower card Christine.
Gr Karin

Traci M said...

Christine, your card has so much rich color...I love what you do with blue hues, and this sunny golden boquet is perfectly accented! Outstanding card!!

Tosha Leyendekker said...

Gorgeous Christine!! Love how you colored the sunflowers and wrapping!! And your sketch and sequins with the twine...fantastic!! What a beauty!!

Conniecrafter said...

it does have that masculine feel even though it has flowers, I love the blue in the background to tie in the wrap around the flowers and the twine with sequins is neat!

CherylQuilts said...

Your sunflowers are gorgeous, Christine! They are one of my faves!! And your coloring is exquisite! Beautiful layout and lovely elements! Think I'm having overload...need this set too! LOL! Beautiful card, and I'm behind, so I need to see today's too! LOL! Hugs!

Leslie Miller said...

You know, it is funny how we think of flowers only for women, but many men are gardeners and LOVE flowers. This gorgeous card is absolutely perfect for any gender!

Stacy Morgan said...

Very country sweet miss Christine! I like the sketch and great coloring.

Kathy Jones said...

Gorgeous country feel Christine! Love the warm yellows and denim blues, fantastic colouring and love the twine/sequin accenting!! Very cool!! :)

Allison Cope said...

Blue and yellow... how can you go wrong with this colour combo!? Your bouquet is simply amazing Christine! I need to see this colouring in action one of these days! :)