Friday, March 6, 2015

We’re Golden


We have a brand new challenge this month at Power Poppy, hosted by the lovely Tosha.  This month its all about the golden tones!  All you have to do is create with a gold theme in mind!  



I pulled out one of my favourite Power Poppy sets, Dynamic Duos: Peonies and Tulips.  It is one of my favourites not only because of the perfectly illustrated flowers, but the sentiments in the set are really fabulous.  I stamped the image onto watercolour paper in VersaMark and then embossed with gold embossing powder.  I really wanted pale tones of pink with off-white and gold together, so I watercoloured the peonies with reinkers and then trimmed them out.  

Next I took some vellum and embossed some gold polka-dots onto the tag to really make it shiny and also added the gold embossed strip along the right side of the card too. 

To give a little interest to the watercolour card base, I stamped the peonies with soft pink ink and used my waterbrush to blend it out a bit.  


For finishing touches I added the gold cording bow and the gold sequins.  Golden enough for you?  :)  


So here’s the scoop...
  • Use Power Poppy stamps if you have them, but if you don’t, this is a great way to WIN them!
  • Link your creation on the Power Poppy Blog using our Linky
  • Please mention Power Poppy in YOUR blog or gallery post with a link back to our challenge
  • The winner will receive a free clear or digital stamp set of your choice from the Power Poppy Shop
  • Have fun & submit as many times as you like! 





Here’s the golden team in action today.....

Allison Cope
Christine Okken
 (you are here)
Cindy Lawrence
Julie Koerber
Katie Sims
Leslie Miller
Stacy Morgan
Tosha Leyendekker



12 comments:

Cindy Lawrence said...

So elegant and beautiful, Christine! Love the soft, watercolored pink tones with the gold accents...deLICIOUS, my friend!

Cheryl W. said...

Your card is so lovely. Peonies are one of my favorite flowers, and your gold-outlined one is gorgeous. Love the gold polka dots, too.

KarinsArtScrap said...

it's beautiful Christine and great embossing.
Gr Karin

CherylQuilts said...

Christine, the gold embossing is gorgeous and really pops this fabulous peony! Just love the gold embossing, including the polka dots, and I love the stamped BG you used!! Gorgeous card, sweet friend! Hugs!

Karen W said...

Very pretty, I think I need to play this next week

Conniecrafter said...

Gorgeous, love the soft coloring, before reading I thought you had embossed on vellum and colored the back, like the layout too!

Maria Rodriguez. said...

What an absolutely lovely and elegant card, the gold embossing on the background and on the Peonies looks simply stunning.
What a great challenge, I'm going to give this a try.

Allison Cope said...

Super pretty Christine! Love that polka dot tag and those gloriously big gold sequins! Your peonies are delicately coloured - love them!

Stacy Morgan said...

Lots of bling with that gold... oh yea! Very pretty Christine! The edge of gold is awesome, and your water coloring is so pretty.

Davi said...

Really a beautiful card! All the gold embossing makes such an elegant card :)

Tosha Leyendekker said...

How fun that we both used the same stamp set and gold embossing!!! Love your gold dots and beautiful watercoloring Christine! I forget about my vellum sometimes! Love how you used it for a tag! What a beautiful card!

Leslie Miller said...

Oh, yes, that's lots of beautiful gold, Christine! I always love gold with pink, too. Lovely delicate background, and your tab with the rectangle punch and gold cord tied through is a darling touch!