Wednesday, April 29, 2015

Superheroes!


I have a fun set of cards to show to you today.  Last week it was Administrative Assistants Appreciation.  At our Church Office we honour all of our support staff whether it’s staff in the office, ministry assistants or custodial and facility staff.  As is often the case I usually am the one to head up the event, so this year I chose a Superhero Theme.  

In the office that morning the staff found a fun superhero themed candy bar and banner (which I’m totally bummed that I forgot to take a picture of), then later at lunch we gave each of them these cards and some fun superhero certificates with made-up superhero awards.   Everyone loved it, and best of all I think they felt appreciated.  



I really love MFT’s set You’re Super I can’t wait to order the little boy superhero too, I just couldn’t do it in time for this project.   For all the women on staff I stamped a superhero for each and coloured them up to match each person’s hair colour.  So above you can see the whole ensemble together.  I cut out the sunburst background on my Silhouette machine, and then popped each girl up on the design and then added a banner with her name stamped on it.  I love making things really personalized.  



I thought I’d take a few shots of the different hair colours on the girls to show you.  


Now the men got something a little different. I couldn’t very well go with a girl superhero on their cards, so I just used that superhero shield and comic book theme.  



I cut out some fun comic book superhero “bursts” with my Silhouette and then used elements from the set to stamp all over the background on these as well.  

It was such a fun theme and they loved it.  

I thought I’d add pictures of the different Copics I used.   


All the main Copics I used for the skin and costume.  


For the brunettes hair above.  



For the blondies hair above.  Sorry, this photo is a little blurry :(


and finally another blurry photo for the redheads.  


Hope you enjoyed my little themed party :)  


5 comments:

Maria Rodriguez. said...

What a fantastic sets of cards Christine, I'm sure this hard workers at your church felt appreciated and loved.
Thank you for sharing.

KarinsArtScrap said...

fab and great cards they look fabulous Christine
Gr Karin

Miranda said...

These are adorable!!!!

Conniecrafter said...

these are so cool, great idea, I bet they loved them, bummer about forgetting to take pictures of the banner and such, I hate when I make a card at the last minute and forget to take a picture

Leslie Miller said...

Amazing, fantastic, super cute cards, Christine! Gosh, you've been busy! All that coloring and cutting and designing -- it boggles the mind. A true act of love.