Monday, June 22, 2015

Air Time




Hi there!  I hope this is a happy start to a Tuesday for you.  Today we’re starting a new Challenge at The Cat’s Pajamas, and it’s one I came up with :)  I picked these two photos to represent summer and things I love.   Flowers, bicycles, a picnic, pretty jars, and photography.  I hope you’re inspired too!  


I took this sweet inspiration and created a fun shadowbox card with one of our new CutAble files from TCP.  I started with this awesome new set Drop In, which I JUST love.  Our favourite bunny in a balloon?  Oh my!

After stamping him on Neenah White card-stock and then stamped the image again on some awesome designer papers (older MME) and added some shadows into the depths of the balloon with a W2 marker.  Then I trimmed out the whole image.  I thought the inspiration of the hanging jars would work perfectly for a hot air balloon.

After creating the shadowbox (Alma has a great instructional video here), I added the pretty patterned paper balloon and Stitched Clouds CutUps in the design popped in different layers to really give it great dimension.  I think it’s so cute!


For embellishments I just stuck with a button and twine to finish it off simply.  I sure love how adorable all the layering looks!  

So now I’m inviting YOU to be inspired by the photo(s) on the top and create with us at TCP!




  1. If you want to play along you just upload your design The Cat’s Pajamas blog page using the InLinkz button below. If you want to display your pretties on Splitcoaststampers or other message board use keyword TCPTUES293. Only the entries uploaded to the Inlinkz button will be considered for Swanky Stamper at the end of the month.
  2. You must have your project posted by the Monday, 11:55 EDT before the next challenge to be eligible to win the Cat Cash.
  3. Cards and projects are not required to use a Cat’s Pajamas Stamp or CutUps die but if you do the Cat Cash amount increases.
  4. On the following TCP Tuesday, the week’s winner will be chosen from the previous challenge and will receive a Cat Cash Voucher for $10.00 or $15 if a TCP product is used.
  5. At the end of the month, The Swanky Stamper will be selected from all the weekly entries. The Swanky Stamper will receive some of the stamps from our next release and get to play along with us at our Pajamas Party and Blog Hop. AND… They’ll even get a special spot in the Gallery highlighting the project that won them the gig and a snazzy badge to display on their blog.
  6. The Swanky Stamper will be announced the First Monday of the month on our Facebook page and The Cat’s Pajamas blog.
Hop on over and see what the rest of the team has to show off today!


2 comments:

Conniecrafter said...

He is just too adorable, love the paper piecing and having it all in a shadowbox card is so neat!

Lori said...

This is gorgeous! Love the paper pieced balloon. The shadowbox frames it perfectly.