Sunday, June 7, 2015

Best Day Ever

Hello again Power Poppy Friends!  Did you SEE that awesome Move your Soul set yesterday?  Oh man, I can’t wait to play with that one...I just ran out of time this week!  Today’s fantastic set just sings summer fun.  It’s called Best Day Ever.  



Marcy does little vignettes so perfectly.  They’re all bundles of surprises, and she always puts something sweet in each of them.  I thought I’d play with this fabulous scene and sentiment combination.  



Doesn’t that just make you want to be at the beach?  I loved giving this some fun colour matching it up to this old pack of papers from Glitz - Uncharted Waters.  Because that cute thin strip along the side had polka-dots in it I thought it would be fun to create the “sand” with pointillism along the bottom of the scene and sentiment.  



Here’s a closer look at the colouring...did you notice what Marcy put in the book?  “juicy novel that I cannot put down” :)  And I just love the sentiment too.  So sweet!

A little smattering of sequins finishes it off.  Love it!  

Now, here’s the Bloom Brigade in action with this set!




Allison Cope
Christine Okken 
(you are here)
Cindy Lawrence
Julie Koerber
Katie Sims
Leslie Miller
Stacy Morgan
Tosha Leyendekker

and Marcy at the Power Poppy Blog


8 comments:

KarinsArtScrap said...

what a great summer feel card Christine it's another gorgeous card
Gr Karin

CherylQuilts said...

What a gorgeous and summer-fun card, Christine, with the fabulous DP! Beautifully done with the sequins and wonderful layout! I love you coloring, especially with the pointillism for the sand...nice effect! Living here in South Florida, I especially love this set now that our real summer is here and we've got our cute hats out to walk to the pool or go to the beach. What a fabulous image!! And, yes, I saw that darling quote in the book...Marcy is amazing in the details! Hugs, sweet friend, and thanks for sharing this sweet card! Hugs!

Maria Rodriguez. said...

Ah!!! Christine, I so wish I could be on a beach just laying about, it's so gray and raining up here, even though I'm grateful for the good soaking my grass and flowers are getting.
Your card is just lovely and fun, I need to try that Pointillism technique, you made that layer of color look like pebbles and sand, fabulous!!

Karen W said...

This is so pretty and must have tomorrow when they open up for selling!!

Kathy Jones said...

GASP!! Christine, every card you make is pure perfection - this is stunning, fun, happy!!! Your colouring is to die for, love that the sentiment is coloured to match and the sequins are such a great addition!!!

Stacy Morgan said...

I feel like I am at the beach now with out 100 degrees and no a/c. EEK!!! This is super fun and love the colors.

Leslie Miller said...

What cute papers! Darling card, Christine!

Conniecrafter said...

Yes the beach sounds so nice, I love how you did the sand on the image and sentiment!