Thursday, July 30, 2015

Well Played



We’re here for Day Two of the Color Me Grateful Polymer release at Power Poppy!  Today we’re showing off such a fun set that Marcy designed with her sweet daughter in mind.  It’s perfect for a number of occasions...teens, summer, the beach, it’s called Well Played, and I know you’re going to enjoy us showing it to you, the Bloom Brigade have some really fun and creative ideas!    



I chose this fantastic backpack all packed up for a day at the beach.  Doesn’t it look ready for a girls day of fun with the water bottle, old school walkman and a pretty chevron towel?   I paired the image with some fun papers in the MME On Trend pack adding some wood veneer embellies with some white craft ink on top to give them more of a white washed feel.  



I am slightly addicted to my stitched dies lately....I find myself reaching for them all the time!  I love that it gives you a clean look, but with just the right amount of extra detailing. 




Here’s the Copics I used above....




Be sure to stop by the Power Poppy Blog to see what sweet things Marcy will have to say about this set and the rest of the Bloom Brigade playing along today...


Allison Cope
Christine Okken (you are here)
Cindy Lawrence
Kathy Jones
Katie Sims
Leslie Miller
Stacy Morgan
Tosha Leyendekker

9 comments:

KarinsArtScrap said...

great and fantastic card Christine
Gr Karin

Kathy Jones said...

Another stunning Christine creation!!! Love the colours you've used on this and the design is fabulous! Love those stitched dies!

Barb said...

Wow! Your card is so pretty! Your colored image pairs beautifully with the patterned papers. I'm addicted to the stitched dies, as well and this one has framed your artwork perfectly. Just love it!

Leslie Miller said...

Cute, Christine! Love those wooden embellies and the stitched die cuts. I definitely have those on my wish list. Great colors and a clever layout.

CherylQuilts said...

Oh, Christine, I love these colors...some of my favorites! And what a fun card...yes, I can imagine going to the beach with these goodies! Beautifully colored, as always, my friend, and I LOVE the DP you've used and the great layout (and also love the stitched dies)! Beautifully done! Hugs!

Conniecrafter said...

Great teen card, love the colors you used on this and the stitched dies are neat, I just can't get myself to buy them when I already have circle and square dies.

Katie Sims said...

This is simply darling, Christine. I love the layout, your sweetly colored backpack, and those wooden embellishments are perfect on this! :)

Rosy Newlun said...

Teee heee heeee - I still have a box of cassette tapes!!! Looks just like an 80s high school back pack!!! Totally cool ♥

Stacy Morgan said...

This is super fun! I adore the soft colors, very girlie and cute.