Monday, August 3, 2015

Dare to Get Dirty 2015!


Have you seen what time of the year it is at Splitcoaststampers?  It’s Dare to Get Dirty!  It’s a week of challenges where girls from the Dirty Dozen past and present issue challenges for Fan Club Members at SCS.  There are numerous challenges every day and it’s a lot of fun.  

This year I’m not hosting any challenges, but I did volunteer to be a sample maker for several of them.  Today I have two designs to show you for two different challenges.  




This first challenge is for CathyMac over on SCS, and I pulled out the brand new set from The Cat’s Pajamas Shake, Rattle and Roll, just SO cute!  I stamped the little guy on Kraft card stock and then coloured him up with Prismacolor pencils, giving him a cute patterned paper pieced diaper to match the dp.  This is an older pack I dug out from Memory Box called Valise.  

For all the fun in the background I used the new Country Fair die to frame him up and give it the look of a celebration with the pennants.


Finished off simply with an embossed sentiment, enamel dots and some pretty seambinding.  


Now for the next design I have a sample for Benzi’s challenge...



I started with the very beautiful Simply Camelias Set from Power Poppy, stamped on Xpress It Blending Cardstock and coloured up using pointillism and my Copic markers.  I created some framing with my stitched rectangle dies and this dp from MME - On Trend...I love it’s gold shiny elements.  In the inset of the frame I used Power Poppy’s Big Scripts set stamping hello in Pool Party ink and then added some pointillism to give it that cohesive but dreamy look.  




Finishing details are some simple sequins to go with the gold in the design.  

And there you have it....two samples for Dare to Get Dirty!  I hope you can join in on the fun!  



4 comments:

KarinsArtScrap said...

2 beautiful cards Christine the card on top has fab papers.


gr karin

Marisa said...

Two wonderful cards. Adore the first one - that paper pieced diaper is too cute!

JoAnn said...

Both cards are beautiful. Love them both.

Conniecrafter said...

the first card is just too cute, love the textured look the coloring on the kraft gave to him and I love your sequins to go with your background paper on the second, pretty coloring!