Friday, September 25, 2015

Glittering Glass Santa



Can you believe that it is only 3 months until Christmas?  Autumn has just turned the corner, but we’re getting into the Christmas Spirit a little early with a new digitial image from Power Poppy that you’ll love!  It’s called Glittering Glass Santa, and it’s reminiscent of all the pretty ornaments I grew up with on the tree because of my German heritage. 

For this card I printed the image twice so that I would have extra greenery to work with and add to the image.  I printed the images in a lighter gray rather than deep black to soften it up a little bit.  All coloured up with Copics, with the extra two branches cut out and popped up on the design.  



I’ve added some pretty bits of trim and ribbon to really make it special, and because Santa just needed to glisten a little more, I painted over the top of him and also the highlights on the ornaments with some Smooch paint so that he’s more pearlized in appearance.  



Here are the Copics I used.  



Now here’s the gang playing along today some with be Glistening with Santa, but you’ll see a variety of great stuff out there with these talented girls!  


Allison Cope
Christine Okken 
(you are here)
Cindy Lawrence
Julie Koerber
Kathy Jones
Katie Sims

Tosha Leyendekker
Cheryl Scrivens
and pop by and take a look at the great image and sentiment on the Power Poppy blog.




8 comments:

Allison Cope said...

OH it's beautiful Christine! I love your dabbled back ground and your Santa is so beautifully colored! Love the all the frilly, layered details of your holiday card.

CherylQuilts said...

Oh, Christine, this is gorgeous with the fussy-cut boughs to give such depth to your "tree" with the sweet ornament on it! What amazing coloring, and I love your layout with the ribbon treatment...stunning! I'm really getting in the Christmas spirit! Hugs!

Kathy Jones said...

Gorgeous as always Christine!! Love the colouring and pointillism and the extra greenery is brilliant!! Beautiful design too - perfectly vintage Christmas!

Tosha Leyendekker said...

Wow Christine!! Your coloring of this charming vintage Santa is incredible!! I love the vintagey colors with your gorgeous pine bough and lovely ruffle along the bottom!! I also adore your subtle pointillism in the background. It screams festive!! What a beauty!

Conniecrafter said...

I love the dimension you have brought to it, excellent coloring and the pleated ribbon is such a nice touch with it all, Lovely!

KarinsArtScrap said...

gorgeous card Christine it looks so real.
Gr Karin

Leslie Miller said...

Great idea with the extra greenery! It looks so pretty, Christine!

Donna Ellis said...

Such an incredibly sweet, vintage-y, festive Christmas card, Christine! The pearlized Santa ornament reminds me of my parent's Christmas trees way back when - and the fussy cut greenery is amazing with the shading and pops of white! I especially like the whimsey in your bow - wonderful stitching, fabrics, and papers! hugs, de