Friday, May 27, 2016

Wedding Bell Blues



I seem to be on a blue kick this week!  A few weeks ago one of the older ladies at Church asked if I would make a wedding card for a family member’s June wedding.  I was so touched that they would ask.  They are such a special couple.  The husband of this pair just turned 90 earlier this year and you would never know it because they are both so full of life.  They love to joke and tease and I really treasure them.  When I asked her what kind of card she wanted or what colour, all she suggested was “blue”, because she loves blue.  So here we are!  

I stamped the larger arrangement of Camellias from Power Poppy's Simply Camellias set numerous times onto XPress it Blending card stock.  I also stamped an extra image of the blossoms on another piece of card stock so I’d have something to colour and fussy cut later.  I spent a lot of time giving the flowers depth with Copics.  

The card is 5 1/4 x 5 1/4 so they’ll have lots of room if they need it on the inside.  

As you can see I added three extra fussy-cut blooms and leaves popped up in the design to really make it feel full and have some dimension.  



The pretty scripted love sentiment is from My English Rose, another one of Marcy’s hand-lettered marvels!  Accents are simple with the lace, seam-binding and pearls finishing it off.  



I had to add something simple for the inside to finish it off, so I stamped the smaller blossom of camellia in a little bowl inside and added a wee bit of colour to the blossom.  

This is the last week of our May Flowers Power & Spark Challenge!  Hasn’t it been fun?  I still have to pop into the gallery a second time and do some commenting on your wonderful creations.  You have four days left to enter to win a Power Poppy set of your choice!  



Here’s the Bloom Brigade playing along today!  



Allison Cope
Christine Okken  (
you are here)
Cindy Lawrence
Julie Koerber
Kathy Jones



8 comments:

Debbie B. said...

Gorgeous!!

Allison Cope said...

What an amazing blue beauty Christine! I love your 3D pop up blooms too! I can only imagine what this looks like in real life! Gorgeous girlie!

CherylQuilts said...

Oh, Christine, you can do blue any day and all the time for me! I LOVE blue! You should see my closet! I love all shades of blue to wear. But I think this is one amazing and gorgeous card! I love how you've arranged all the camellias so beautifully and even added some fussy-cut ones to pop and give dimension. And I love the green you've used and how beautiful you have the ribbon and pearl and the added lace. Your coloring is gorgeous, as always! What a precious couple and a perfect card to celebrate the love they share! Amazing card! Big hugs, sweet friend!

Julie Koerber said...

Absolutely breathtaking Ms. Chrstine! So much color and beauty packed in this one! I am sure the happy couple will be wowed! :-) What a sweet story behind the card as well -- just makes you smile!

Leslie Miller said...

Yes, you are on a blue kick and it's so beautiful! Stacy must be in heaven if she's looking. Love the lime green with it. Talk about pop! It's just breathtaking! What a special occasion for this lovely couple. I think this card will be absolutely perfect for them!

Aileen said...

Ohh Christine I think your cards are always so so beautiful and could imagine that it would be the most amazing thing to receive one. Always coloured to perfection and finished perfectly. You make every colour my favourite.

Conniecrafter said...

Gorgeous, love the coloring and the extra dimension you brought to it also, the inside is a lovely touch too!

Lisa Lara said...

oh my golly Christine. I love your blue beauty. I love how you popped up a couple.