Friday, October 7, 2016

Pop Up Cake!



We’ve got a new challenge to jump in on at Power Poppy hosted by Ally and it might just have you doing some Salsa! It’s called “Make it Move”.  For this month, we want to see You Move It, Move It!  That is, we want to see an element of your card move.  It could be anything from a pull-out tag, to some sequins in a shaker card to a fun element that jiggles all on its own!  Let's see you Move It! ....and now you’re all singing the song from Madagascar right?  



If any card is going to be guaranteed to be used in my house it’s a birthday card.  So today I pulled out Power Poppy’s set Party Time, to create a pop up party cake card.  To create the pop-up design I used a Silhouette cut file from The Cat’s Pajamas called Popup Slider Cutable.  It’s a great way to easily get all those cuts and moving parts in the right place without a lot of fuss.  

I stamped coloured and cut out the pretty cake to match this fun plaid paper (Carta Bella - It’s a Boy).  Popped it up on a pretty scalloped circle and then when you pull the tab......



The pretty cake pops up to reveal an inside panel, and a tag that pulls out above!  Nifty huh?  

I stamped inside the panel with some Teal Zeal Memento ink using other elements from the set.  




On the tag I stamped the piece of cake.  



Here’s a closer peek at the pop up and inside panel and below....


a quick peek at the pull up tag.  It’s such a sweet little birthday celebration card.  Here’s the Copics I used to colour below.  




Now how about you?  Ready to create a card that moves?  You could win a Power Poppy set of your choice!  And...with the new release just weeks away there will be even more fabulous Power Poppy to choose from!  

Here’s the Bloom Brigade movin’ and groovin’ along today.....

Allison Cope
Christine Okken
Cindy Lawrence

Julie Koerber
Katie Sims
Stacy Morgan
Tosha Leyendekker

and Marcy at the Power Poppy Blog!


6 comments:

KarinsArtScrap said...

fantastic and gorgeous card/tag Christine
Gr Karin

patti said...

Wow!! I love your card!!

Stacy Morgan said...

Delightful and fun! I really think I need to try this fold now. I really like the fresh colors and your coloring rocks Christine! Beautiful and fun.

Leslie Miller said...

Oh, how cute! That's so clever that you put the full cake on the pop up and the slice on the slider. This just tickles my funny bone, and at the same time it's so pretty!

Conniecrafter said...

Terrific design, such great fun colors and like the ribbon pull you put on there too, pretty coloring, sweet card!

CherylQuilts said...

Oh, Christine, this is such a FUN card, and I too love the cake outside and how the piece is on the pull-up part! So clever! Beautifully colored with this fabulous paper, and what a great idea to use the cut file. I really need to get out my Silhouette! What a beautiful card, and birthday cards are always needed! Hugs, sweet friend!