Monday, January 9, 2017

Golden Thanks



We’re back with another challenge at The Cat’s Pajamas today and it’s a perfect theme for the season.   It’s all about Thank You designs, so you can send those little notes that say thank you for those Christmas gifts you just received.



  

A long time ago I pinned a really pretty design that I tried to bring my take to with The Cat’s Pajamas style and products.  As soon as I saw TCP’s set Winter Style I knew that it could be used for more than just Christmas designs, and would great for this sparkly clean design.  

I took the swirly leaf stamp and stamped it twice with VersaMark ink onto teal cardstock and then embossed in gold.  

Behind the teal cardstock I used some gold sparkly washi tape and lined the cardstock with it to really give it some extra bling.  Then to finish off the design I added some teal sequins.  




Here’s another view where the gold really shows better.  The sentiment is from TCP’s Simply Stacked Sentiments.  

It’s a really simple design that could be mass produced if you needed to in lots of different colours too!  

So jump on in for the challenge....here’s the details...

  1. Every other Tuesday a new challenge will be posted on The Cat’s Pajamas blog and our Facebook page.
  2. If you want to play along you just upload your design to The Cat’s Pajamas blog page using the InLinkz button by the Monday, 11:55 EDT before the next challenge.
  3. You are not required to use a Cat’s Pajamas stamp or die but if you have them we would love to see them.
  4. On the following TCP Tuesday, the winner will be chosen from the previous challenge and will receive a Cat Cash Voucher for $10 or $15 if a TCP product is used.

Now how about some more inspiration from the Cat Pack for you today?!

Brenda Nakandakari
Christine Okken (you are here)
Julie Elak
Wendy McGaffey
and Alma at the TCP Blog!

3 comments:

KarinsArtScrap said...

it's simply gorgeous and elegant Christine
Gr Karin

Brenda said...

Gorgeous, Christine but I think the real word for this beauty is elegant! I love this stamp! Happy New Year, my dear!

CherylQuilts said...

Christine, I love this elegant card and how you've used this beautiful flourish embossed in gold...stunning! I am so excited to have won the $10 gift card for commenting on your blog...tickled and now checking out your cards to see what else might delight me! Hugs!