Sunday, August 13, 2017

More Wedding Creations



Hello Again!  On Friday I showed you the frame I created for the couple who’s wedding I officiated this weekend.  Today I thought I’d show you the card I made to go along with the frame as well as a special card the Bride asked me to make to give to her Groom the day of the wedding.  


First up, this is the design I created to go with the gift.  I was running out of time with all the details of getting ready for the wedding, so I wanted to create something that wouldn’t take quite as long to put together.  This style of random stamping is easy to pull together, and the addition of layers of colour still gives you definition and depth.  All you need to is plot out how you want to stamp your elements and then use a MISTI tool, so you can stamp in the same place with each element in multiple layers of colour.  

To match the frame I used Power Poppy’s sets, Succulent Singles, and Peony Muse.  



For the sentiment I made use of the pretty fonts in Power Poppy’s set, Dream Wedding.  I embossed them on Navy cardstock and then tucked them into the framing of the design.  Like the frame, I added a few sequins to accent.  



Here’s the inside of the card as well.  



Next up is the design I created for the Bride to give to her Groom.  One of the things she requested was for it to include the phrase Forever & Always.  


I was glad to have the lovely word CutUps die Always from The Cat’s Pajamas.  I cut it out three times and layered it together so that it would have some thickness to it.  I paired that with the succulents from Power Poppy’s Succulent Singles again, using some of the colours they’d have at the wedding, but adding more blues and greens to make it masculine.  The Succulent Singles dies work really well for this too as it eliminates a lot of fussy cutting of each piece.  

It’s all placed on a circular design cut with Spellbinders large dies.  The card is just over 5 1/2 wide.  



One of the elements she requested was for there to be some type of rope on the design.  One of the verses they chose was from Ecclesiates 4 which says “A cord of three strands is not quickly broken”. So the symbolism of how God ties them together comes in the twine that is tied into a sailor’s knot separating the patterned paper and the white top.  




For the inside of the design I needed to find a way to add the “forever” phrase.  I looked everywhere and didn’t find a “forever” in my stamps.  But as I was perusing, I found Power Poppy’s set, Vibrant Thanks and saw that it had a sentiment saying “For Everything”.  By just using the first four letters of everything I could make FOREVER.  I just used my navy pen and inked up part of the sentiment, moved part of the stamp closer, inked the “ever” part and made it all into one word.  It took a little bit, but it turned out beautifully.  

She loved it, and that’s what matters most.  Aren’t they a beautiful couple?  They are really special and it’s been so fun to see their journey together the past 3 years.  




It was a beautiful wedding, the day was full of sunshine, they were full of joy, and it was an honour to be a part of it.  




SaveSave

3 comments:

KarinsArtScrap said...

beautiful and gorgeous Christine
Gr Karin

JoAnn said...

Beautiful creations.

CherylQuilts said...

Oh, Christine, what a precious couple to unite in holy matrimony, and I so love the Scripture from Ecclesiastes 4. It's so important to realize that we are united as a couple to the Lord and that as we each draw closer to God, we grow closer to each other (the triangle image). Such gorgeous cards with stunning cards, and I especially love the scalloped circle shape with the "always" die! I love them both, and I know they surely did as well! Hugs, precious friend!