Monday, March 19, 2018

3 Marker Tree of Life


I have a theme of green this week!  It’s my favourite colour and I thought St. Patrick’s day would kick it off nicely.  


Have you seen the monthly challenge at Copic International?  #CopicColors is all about a trio combination of markers that Copic gives each month, letting artists experiment on how to make them work together.  This month it’s all about the greens, so it’s G17, YG17 & YG23.  I found this one super challenging because none of the colours is really a lighter green, so you really have to work at creating highlights.  I only used the three markers.  

I decided to use the beautiful Tree of Life from Power Poppy and created a monochromatic lush scene.  

I don’t know if I was as successful as I would have liked with the challenge - and it could also be because of the amount of detail in this stamp set.  I should have probably left more white or light highlights so that you can differentiate between all of the elements on the tree (fruit, flowers and birds).  You have to really look to see the different elements, and I think if I would have left more highlight in the middle of the tree it would feel like it has more shape and definition.  However, it’s all about the learning right?  So it was still worth doing. 


I think I was most successful on the trunk of the tree.  

The sentiment is a lovely one from the set.  That first bright spring green, that I can’t wait for, is my favourite green, and it speaks abundance and hope and growth to me.  I can’t count how many times being in creation has restored my soul!  

The background is a very simple leafy embossing folder to give it some texture.  

Thanks for joining me today friends!  I hope you get out to enjoy something in creation today, whether it’s still white like my neck of the woods - or budding green, that it will bring you restoration and peace.  

4 comments:

KarinsArtScrap said...

gorgeoussss Christine
Gr Karin

Helen said...

The green theme works beautifully in this card, Christine. The embossed leaf background is the perfect setting for this. tfs

CherylQuilts said...

Christine, what a beautiful card and a wonderful use of these three Copic greens! You surely used them well and have made this beautiful tree come alive in a whole different way. I love it and love how you've finished it with a beautiful green mat and embossing! Stunning card!! Hugs!

Leslie Miller said...

I think it turned out beautiful, Christine! Yes, it's a detailed stamp, but I love the look with all green. The tree appears to be full of hidden surprises -- the birds, the pomegranates and blooms. Very crisp against the white. I, too, love this spring green the best.